The experiences can be enjoyed in a variety of safari styles depending on how you prefer to travel, when and more specifically, your budget.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Contract and these Terms are subject to the laws of the Republic of Uganda and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Uganda for the resolution of any dispute under these Terms or concerning any Tour, product or service.
Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. You agree to provide full, complete and accurate information to the Tour Operator.
In case you book any activity on behalf of other participants, you are deemed to be the designated contact person for every participant included on that booking. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due in connection with your Tour booking, notifying the Tour Operator or your travel agent if any changes or cancellations are required and keeping your party informed.
By booking on behalf of another person or persons, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. You are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on behalf of another participant is complete and accurate and the Tour Operator will under no circumstances be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking.
TOUR PRICE, DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
- A booking is considered confirmed when Fravan Safaris sends written confirmation to the client confirming the booking. Invoices are issued on booking confirmation, 50% payment is required at 60 days prior to departure and full payment is due 30 days prior to the departure date.
- If a booking is made within 60 days of the tour departure date, 50% payment is required on booking. If the booking is made within 30 days of the tour departure date, 100% payment is required on booking. Non-payment of stipulated percentage at time of confirmation, within 60 days of tour departure date, will result in the cancellation policy being applied.
- When booking a tour that includes a Gorilla Trekking Permit, immediate payment for the permit is required in order to secure the trekking permit. This payment is non-refundable and is paid directly to Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- While Fravan Safaris has utilized its best endeavors to ensure the accuracy of the tour price, such price is subject to change as a result of factors beyond Fravan Safaris reasonable control, in which event Fravan Safaris shall utilize its best efforts to notify the clients of such changes as soon as possible.
- The tour price includes only those services/items that are included as per the itinerary and the tour dossier, and the client shall be responsible and pay for any additional items where, as required by the Company from time to time, such payment is made either directly to a third party service provider or to the Company for settlement with a third party service provider.
- The Company records that prices/charges/tariffs in respect of certain activities forming part of the tour are determined in accordance with the public regulations of a particular country and, accordingly, the Company has no control over any increases in such prices/charges/tariffs, including where such increases are implemented during the tour. The Company accordingly
reserves the right to increases the relevant prices/charges/tariffs to account for such increases and/or fluctuations. The client will be notified of such increase and/or fluctuation as soon as
possible and only if possible do its best to obtain the client’s authorization before commencing with the final booking of such trip.
- Although the Company takes care to ensure that all information on their website and or price brochures and/or quotations are correct, it will not be bound to any price that contains an inadvertent and/or obvious error. If a mistake occurs in any advertisement, the Company undertakes to take all reasonable steps to inform the customer of the correct details. All prices are quoted in either Ugandan (UGX) or United States of America (USD) currency. If a customer pays using a non UGX or USD currency, the amount debited to the customer’s account will be as close to the advertised price as possible.
- Electronic Transfer: Proof of the transfer with a bank stamp must be emailed to our office as proof of payment. All transfer / bank
fees are the responsibility of the client. Fravan Safaris must receive the full total due in to the bank account.
- Credit Card: If Fravan Safaris accepts payment by Credit Card, a 5% administration fee will be added to the total tour fare for which payment is being made.
- Cancellation of a scheduled tour booking must be made in writing and is not effective until such written cancellation is received and acknowledged by Fravan Safaris. Cancellation fees are applicable to the tour price, activity package, green seat and pre/post tour services.
- No cancellation fee is applicable to tours cancelled more than 60 days before date of Departure (excluding the non-refundable gorilla trekking permit).
- Special Condition for tours that require a Gorilla Permit: When a client cancels a tour that requires a gorilla trekking permit, the permit price is non-refundable and will be forfeited.
- Should a Client cancel a booking 60 days or less prior to the date of departure of the tour for any reason (except due to death or hospitalization), the client shall be liable to pay a cancellation penalty. The cancellation penalty is calculated by having regard to the nature of the booking, length of notice of cancellation and reasonable potential to find alternative customers. Having regard to the aforementioned factors, the following percentages may be forfeited by the customer in respect of the arranged tour price due to a no-show based on the number of days between receipt of the cancellation notice and the date of the departure:- >60 Days: No fee applies (unless Gorilla Permit has been booked – which is nonrefundable)
– 30 – 60 Days: 50% of the tour price is held as cancellation
– 10 – 29 Days: 75% of the tour price is held as cancellation
– 0 – 09 Days: 90% of the tour price is held as cancellation
- The Company shall be entitled to apply any portion of the non-refundable deposit paid by the client toward any cancellation penalty payable in terms hereof.
- The Company reserves the right, at any time and for any reason, to cancel the tour on notice to the client. In such event, the Company shall refund the tour price (which includes for the avoidance of doubt, the non-refundable deposit) to the client. It is recorded that refund of the tour price as aforesaid shall be the Company’s sole responsibility to the client, and no claim for any damages, howsoever arising, shall accrue against the Company by reason of a cancellation of the tour.
- The client acknowledges that the tour is subject to a minimum booking of 4 passengers (including the client). If the minimum booking is not obtained, the Company reserves the right to cancel the tour and refund the tour price to the client, in which event the client shall (for the avoidance of doubt) have no claim for any damages against the Company.
- Anyone under the age of 18 on the date of first travel is considered to be a minor. Minors must always be accompanied by an adult. One adult may accompany up to two minors. Unless otherwise indicated in the Tour description or by the Tour Operator, the minimum age for minors travelling on any Tour is 12 years old.
- All bookings with a minor are subject to review and approval by the Tour Operator. If the consent of a parent, guardian or any other person is required by applicable law for any minor to travel, the accompanying adult is responsible for securing all consents, documentation and ensuring that they and the minor(s) meet all legal requirements to travel, to enter into and depart from applicable countries and regions. The Tour Operator will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure to secure necessary consents, permits, and approvals.
- Each adult on a booking with a minor or minor(s) is jointly and severally responsible for the behavior, wellbeing, supervision and monitoring of such minor(s), and jointly and severally accepts these Terms for and on behalf of any minor(s) on their booking, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability. The Tour Operator does not provide care services for minors and expressly disclaims any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any minor(s).
- A child must be 15 years or older to partake in the Gorilla Trekking Activity.
- Comprehensive travel and cancellation insurance is mandatory on the tour. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she has such insurance in place (together with the required paperwork to prove such insurance) before embarking on the tour.
- Should the client be unable to present the proof of such insurance to the Company (on request therefore by the Company), the Company may, in its sole discretion, exclude the client from the tour, and the client shall be liable for the cancellation penalty payments set out in these terms and conditions.
- The client acknowledges that travel insurance must include comprehensive medical insurance including provision for air evacuation, and that the Company shall not be liable for any consequences, damages or loss as a result of the client failing to have the necessary cover.
- The client shall be responsible for all baggage and personal effects brought by him or her on the tour, and the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage to such baggage or personal effect, howsoever arising.
- The client shall be entitled to one bag (being a backpack or soft bag, and not a suitcase) that weighs not more than 20 kilograms, and a daypack. Should the client require larger baggage allowance, this may be arranged with the Company against payment of a fee that the Company may levy in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding the a foregoing, the Company reserves the right to refuse excess baggage or oversized baggage.
REQUIRED HEALTH INFORMATION
- The client accepts that to participate in the tour requires a measure of physical fitness and health and it is the client’s obligation to ensure that he or she is medically fit to embark on the tour.
- Where the client is over the age of 65, the Company requires a medical certificate or doctor’s letter confirming that the client is medically fit to undertake the tour.
- In respect of all clients over the age of 65 years, a medical questionnaire is required to confirm that the client is physically able to undertake the tour. Fravan Safaris will not accept a reservation without this documentation.
- You must provide any medical information reasonably requested by the Tour Operator and may be required to complete the Tour Operator’s medical information form. Medical Forms are mandatory for certain Tours. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions which may impact your ability to travel, participate in a Tour, travel to remote areas without access to medical facilities or may adversely affect the experience of others on your Tour, you must return a Medical Form, signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Tour Operator reserves the right to request further information or professional medical opinions where necessary, as determined in its discretion, for your safety or the safe operation of a Tour.
- The Tour Operator reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a Tour at any time and at your own risk and expense where the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or you represent a danger to yourself or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry women who are over 24 weeks pregnant. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
- In the event that you do not complete the required Medical Form or provide medical information reasonably required by the Tour Operator for any reason by the deadline indicated above, the Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel your booking and all applicable cancellation fees will apply.
- You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
- Travel with the Tour Operator may involve visiting remote or developing regions, where medical care may not be easily accessible and medical facilities may not meet the standards of those found in your home country. The condition of medical facilities in the countries you may visit on your Tour varies and the Tour Operator makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the availability or standard of medical facilities in those regions.
- The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and video taken during the tour for use in marketing or any other advertising material, and the client hereby consents to such use.
- The client further agrees that the Company shall retain copyright over any such photographs and videos taken during the tour and/or used in its brochures and, to the extent necessary, the client hereby assigns copyright in such photographs and/or videos to the Company.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
The Tour Operator will not be liable in any way for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment to person or property, or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred, or for the Tour Operator failure to commence, perform or complete any duty owed to you if such death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment to person or property is caused by Act of God, war or war like operations, mechanical breakdowns, terrorist activities or threat thereof, civil commotions, labor difficulties, interference by authorities, political disturbance, howsoever and where so ever any of the same may arise or be caused, riot, insurrection and government restraint, fire, extreme weather or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Tour Operator; or an event which the Tour Operator or the Third Party Supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee any and all of which, individually and collectively, constitute “unforeseen circumstances”.
INDEMNIFICATION AND EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- The client accepts that the tour is of an adventurous nature and involves an element of personal risk.
- The Company and its respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising (including, but not limited to, the client’s or any other person’s injury or death, or any loss or damage to the client’s or any other person’s property) which the client or any such other person may incur or suffer as a result of or arising from the clients participation in the tour and any other activities undertaken on or during the tour, and the client irrevocably and forever releases and discharges the Company and its respective director, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all such liability.
- The client furthermore indemnifies and holds the Company and its respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents harmless from and against any and all loss, damage, actions, proceedings, claims, demands and legal and other costs and expenses (including legal costs on an attorney and own client scale) of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising (including, but not limited to, the client’s or any other person’s injury or death, or any loss of or damage to the client’s or any other person’s property) which the client or any other such person may incur or suffer as a result of or arising from the clients participation in the tour and any other activities undertaken on or during the tour.